Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How do i disable WLAN

Networking & Security

Old 16-04-2009

idea How do i disable WLAN

Hello Everybody,

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that how can i disable WLAN on my system. Does any one knows about it? Can any one help me out in order to disable WLAN on my system? Would be grateful to you if any one would help me out to resolve the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Old 16-04-2009

Re: How do i disable WLAN

Pressing the WLAN button should enable/disable WLAN. If it doesn't do anything, I'd look at re-installing the quick launch driver/software.
Old 16-04-2009

The DevCon utility is a command-line utility that acts as an alternative to Device Manager. Using DevCon, you can enable, disable, restart, update, remove, and query individual devices or groups of devices. DevCon also provides information that is relevant to the driver developer and is not available in Device Manager.

You can use DevCon with Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003. You cannot use DevCon with Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Millennium Edition.

DevCon is not redistributable. It is provided for use as a debugging and development tool. You can freely modify DevCon for private use. The sample demonstrates how to use the SetupAPI and CfgMgr32 functions together effectively to enumerate devices and perform device operations.
Old 16-04-2009

You could also try and disable the Wireless Network Adapter.
Old 16-04-2009

Even the automatic switch between lan and wlan works, you can enable or disable that in the bios. So as soon as you plug in a network cable, wireless switches off and vice versa.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: ,