Thread: Dlink DIR-655 print server

Dlink DIR-655 print server

I saw that the router Dlink DIR-655 allow to divide its printer in network with the firmware 1.21 US. However, there is nothing which indicates but it makes print server.

In this case, if several impressions arrives at the same time or that an impression arrives whereas another is already in hand is you it lost.

Thanks

Re: Dlink DIR-655 print server

I am not expert out of printer, but I think that the memory that the printer contains will manage the arrivals of documents and thus the various impressions this will succeed in the chronological order of arrival. If an impression is in hand and that another is required, the latter will have patience in the memory of the printer until the first impression is finished.

At the same time, it is with the print server to manage largest of the file of impression, the printer of store that a very small fraction of page (except large the laser, where the memory can garner up to 20 or 30 pages of text. To my knowledge, any print server manages the file of impression, it can make with difficulty less.

If you did not buy this router yet, does not do it solely for this functionality, because the majority of the boxes also make router and print server there exist also heaps of print servers at various prices , and almost all the NAS have this function.