Thread: Error disabling Connection

Error disabling Connection

hi,
    I have a Netgear DB104 network card connected to a WG511 wireless router for my home network,I would like to disable my eithernet network connection and I get a error saying error disabling connection - It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection maybe using one or more protocols that do not support Plug and play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account,Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Error disabling Connection

One way around it would be to disable the LAN port in the Bios, if it is a motherboard connection that you have and not a PCI card.

Have you tried going to the folder itself and doing a rename?
    Also you could try going to the Device Manager and disabling the Network Card itself.

If you are disabling the network connection -- eg. local area connection1 -- it is the SAME as disabling the network. If you disable the connection, you disable ALL networking. There is no difference.

Therefore, your distaste for disabling the network adapter from Control Panel Vs. disabling the network connection in Networking, is based on what??? .... Are there any facts to substantiate a difference?

the error you are now getting is from windows (prob. and update) detecting a firewall, router, or other network resources that it cannot disconnect, for example a remote USB drive on another system, a printer, a LAN firewall, or a dozen other items.MS is constantly changing the parameters used to detect networking and firewalling, because they are frantically trying to secure an OS.

try reseting the drivers for your wifi adaptor:
    -right click [my computer>properties>hardware tab>device manager]
    -find your wifi card, right click then remove.
    -reboot your pc, windows will auto reinstall it...

checked that another program is not using the wifi card while you are trying to disconnect?