Thread: Deleting Qoobox virus

Deleting Qoobox virus

My computer was being running without any infections for past 2 years. I had downloaded many stuffs from internet even from P2P softwares but my PC never got infected. Now suddenly there is something Qoobox that resides on various parts of the partitions. I inquired about this and many says it is a virus. I am not as such affected by it till now because I noticed it this morning only. But I fear this would create problems further. So, how can I remove this Qoobox files completely from my computer?

Re: Deleting Qoobox virus

Are you sure that Qoobox files are the viruses? You can try scanning with the antivirus or maybe Malwarebytes and check it is tracking Qoobox as virus or not. There are other methods as well, but let me know if this simple solution works or not.

I have already tried scanning with my Avast antivirus and other anti spywares. Now I also tried malwarebytes but all these programs give same problems. That is they detect this Qoobox as virus, I then delete then, and again these appears on their locations as they were before. Thats why I am confirmed that it is a virus. Please help.

Qoobox is a folder created by Combofix to quarantine any infected files.
    Click on Start/Run, copy and paste ComboFix /u into the it,then press Ok.
    This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore.

Someone left some files on your computer that they shouldn't have. We'll see if we can get it cleaned up better.
    • If you have disabled System Restore in an attempt to begin cleaning malware, please enable it now. We will flush System Restore when we are finished cleaning and we are sure that everything is running smoothly.

• If you are using any cracked software, please remove it.

• If you are using any P2P (file sharing) programs, please remove them before we clean your computer. The nature of such software and the high incidence of malware in files downloaded with them is counter productive to restoring your PC to a healthy state. That includes BitTorrent and similar programs.