Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

loss my wireless connection every few minutes

Networking & Security

Old 14-04-2009

sad loss my wireless connection every few minutes

I have a problem with my wireless connection. My notebook is Toshiba with vista pre-installed and my network adapter is Atheros R5007EG. Sometimes, it works very well and sometimes it doesn't. When I try to diagnose,
it says "windows did not find any problem with your connection" but when I diagnose it again, it says "can't to communicate with DNS server(192.168.1.1)". while I restart it again, I works but just few seconds. That makes me confused is why just
only me had this problem, whereas all my roomates don't have this problem. Please someone give me the solution.

Old 14-04-2009

Re: loss my wireless connection every few minutes

See if these instructions from MS help you get to your laptop's Vista TCP/IP settings for the Wireless Lan. In particular, check the DNS setting for item #6. Is it set to automatic or manually set to an address? How do the settings compare to those for the other laptop that does connect?

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b11e21033.mspx
Old 14-04-2009

you need to figure out why that notebook is expecting to find the DNS server at 192.168.1.1 instead of at 192.168.0.1 that seems to work for the desktop. See if these instructions from Microsoft help you get to your notebook's Vista TCP/IP settings for the Wireless Lan. In particular, check the DNS setting Is it set to automatic or manually set to an address? How do the settings compare to those for the other notebook that does connect?
Old 14-04-2009

We need to figure out why that laptop is expecting to find the DNS server at 192.168.1.1 instead of at 192.168.0.1 that seems to work for the desktop.

Can you please post the IPCONFIG /ALL results for the non-connecting laptop? You may need to save them as a text file on a USB drive or burn to a CD to get them to a working computer.
Old 14-04-2009

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 & Vista.

For Vista, Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.
Old 14-04-2009

try this similar thread hope helpful to you cannot communicate with DNS server
Old 14-04-2009

Go to command prompt and type ping 192.168.1.1
if that's successful, then try ping 64.233.187.99
if that's successfull try ping google.com
if that's successfull then your internet connection should work.....

if pinging the router fails, then do a reset, there should be a pinhole reset switch somewhere (you may need to reconfigure the router afterwards so make sure you can hardwire into it rather than go wireless)

If pinging google's IP address fails, then perhaps you have a problem with your internet connection.

If pinging google.com fails, verify your DNS server addresses, you can even set those in your router and use 192.168.1.1 as the DNS on your laptop.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,