Thread: "Suite Integration Toolkit Executable is trying to access the Internet" help

"Suite Integration Toolkit Executable is trying to access the Internet" help

Hello,
    Although denying the message of "Suite Integration Toolkit Executable is trying to access the Internet" from Zonealarm I keep getting it every time. Should I allow it and what is this used for? Thank you
    If I post, it's because I have something to say, not just to up my board count.

Re: "Suite Integration Toolkit Executable is trying to access the Internet" help

I got that message this morning also. It also referred to a file named "setup.exe" .
    Using Windows Search, I found the file in the C: root directory with a long nonsense file name. Around the same time, I got the windows update message that my PC needed to be restarted to install the Windows updates. After a restart, the file in the root directory was gone. I would expect that the Suite Integration Toolkit is part of Windows update.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Re: "Suite Integration Toolkit Executable is trying to access the Internet" help

Suite Integration Toolkit Executable error occurs during VS2005 installation when the incompatible .NET modules are found. The problem can be worked around by manually installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. Refer here to get it: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=32168
    The problem can also be resolved sometimes by installing Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Installer 3.1.
    Get XP SP2 from:[url]www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html and
    Get Windows Installer version 3.1 from: support.microsoft.com/kb/893803

Did you run the install as administrator (right click and choose Run as Administrator)?

try booting in safe mode and installing the software

Try repairing system files by typing sfc/all in command and providing windows xp cd

If you still get the error boot windows xp from bootable cd (via bios) and in setup press R for reparing setup files