Thread: Fix error "This page has an unspecified potential security risk" on Network Sharing

Fix error "This page has an unspecified potential security risk" on Network Sharing

I need a urgent help from you guys.. I am having Vista PC at my office and whenever i try to right click any file on network sharing, i get an pop up error like this : "This page has an unspecified potential security risk. Would you like to continue?". I am just fed up of this.

I to make it correct. Please help me out. Its much irritating ...

Re: Fix error "This page has an unspecified potential security risk" on Network Sharing

You are getting this error because Windows is not detecting your local network properly, and assuming that there is a security risk. This all goes back to the concept of "Security Zones" that you might have seen if you've ever looked in Internet Explorer's options panel.

But any ways, Lets try to fix this problem:-

1. Open up Internet Options from Internet Explorer's Tools \ Options menu, or from the Control Panel.

2. Select the Security tab, click on the "Local intranet" icon, and then click on the "Sites" button.

If you only map drives to a few machines, what you can do is click on the "Advanced" button, and then add each machine name with this format:
    file://computername
    3. Click the Add button.

If you have a number of machines on your network, you could alternatively uncheck the "Automatically detect intranet network", and then check the other three boxes. This prevents you from having to enter each machine name manually, but allowing all network paths is probably not the most secure method, better to manually enter the machine name as detailed above.

4. Now that we've added the exception, you can right-click on the file without any issues.

You can also copy files and generally interact with the network share without problems.

Re: Fix error "This page has an unspecified potential security risk" on Network Sharing

Great tip… this was getting really annoying. Thanks!

This is what i was also facing from last couple of days..

Any ways ... thanks for the solution.... It is gonna help me as well