Thread: Problem with wget

Problem with wget

Hello,
    I developed a script that runs on a small box (an HD movie player, like a NAS). In this script, I use the command "wget" to download files. Everything works fine when I enter a local IP on my network, but when I use a domain name that will tap the NET, then wget can not find the destination. I'm no computer novice, but in Linux, just. and there it is a distribution board (using Busybox) functionality rather limited. Does someone could tell me where to start looking to solve this problem? Thank in advance.
    Note- no worries config network, all my PCs arrive to access the net via my router.

Re: Problem with wget

Hello
    Everything works fine when I enter a local IP on my network, but when I use a domain name that will tap the NET, then wget can not find the destination.
    I think you should inform your dns? And then see if it works fluently.
    Is that if you type the ip site it works better?

Hello
    Is that if you type the ip site it works better?
    Yes, the site IP, it works better.
    I think you should inform your dns? And then see if it works fluently.
    How do I pass the information on the DNS? Sorry I have no idea about this.
    Thank you!

Hi
    Okay, I added the DNS IP mentioned in my Windows network configuration in the file / usr / local / etc / resolv.conf. And now it is working good. I have another question in mind, Is it possible to automatically obtain the DNS address?
    In the Windows config is checked "obtain IP automatically" and "obtain DNS address automatically", is there any Linux equivalent?
    Thank you!

Hi
    In the Windows config is checked "obtain IP automatically" and "obtain DNS address automatically", is there any Linux equivalent?
    I know I'm always like that with the addresses given by my ISP, but if you find the answer then please post back.

Hi
    Your Windows obtains the address automatically by dhcp from your router which in turn gets them automatically from your ISP. Linux can use dhclient to do likewise, configuring it to automatically start will depend on your distribution. The most user-friendly do this automatically by default, but if this is not your case it would be good to ask in the appropriate forum. A static configuration is still rather more appropriate if your computer is not supposed to move in the future.