Thread: Linksys Switch latency Problem

Linksys Switch latency Problem

hi,
    I have Linksys SR-2016 16 Port Gigabit Switch,that is uplinked to another switch via Fiber,it shows very much of latency in traffic.packet which are send over network are countinously dropping.I havn't found any of the other switched to be effected by this. , I tried another switch, from a different manufacture but it didn't fix.Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Linksys Switch latency Problem

If your server (CPU and disk is idle and the lights are not blinking then you do';t have a capacity problem, you've got a network design problem. IMO probably DNS.

You can put ethereal on each and every box (except NW) and analysis the traffic and protocols.

I have Linksys SR-2016 16 Port Gigabit Switch,that is uplinked to another switch via Fiber,it shows very much of latency in traffic.packet which are send over network are countinously dropping.I havn't found any of the other switched to be effected by this. , I tried another switch, from a different manufacture but it didn't fix.Any help will be extremely appreciated.
    Have you tried replacing the network cable?

1) If the MAC table fills up, then all packets for unknown MACs will be flooded to all ports in the same VLAN; this will continue to happen until space becomes free in the MAC table;

2) If the destination MAC for a packet is unknown to the switch, then the packet will be flooded to all ports in the same VLAN. This usually happens a small number of times, as the first reply packet back will tell the switch what port the MAC is on, obliviating the need to flood.However, if there is assymetric routing leading to the switch never seeing the response packets, then the switch will have to continue to flood the packets to that destination.