Thread: Can't connect to any gaming servers

Can't connect to any gaming servers

I recently download The Curse of Montezuma,i have Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe, Video card: A 7600 gt manufactured by pny.Ram: 4 corsair cmx512 [512mb],Powersupply: Raidmax atx12v.I don't have problem connecting to my internet.it gives me error message " "Error 06: Failed Internet Connect".Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Can't connect to any gaming servers

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

I had the same problem since the new update but it only happend to the servers that were in my favorites. when i just filterd servers some worked some didnt so i just reinstalled and it worked. But ya when i used zonealarm i just completely shut it down when i wanted to play any games so i didnt have any problems. good luck

• You may have a firewall blocking the connection. If you have any firewalls installed, make sure that they are allowing BYOND full access to the internet. Note that Windows XP and Windows Vista both come with a built-in firewall, which you can configure via the "Windows Firewall" entry in the Control Panel.
    • If you connect to the internet via a router, you may need to configure "port forwarding" for the BYOND Pager. Select your router from this list and follow the instructions. (Note that these instructions are slightly out of date; the Preferences screen is now reached via the BYOND Pager, which normally appears as a blue BYOND logo near the clock on your screen.)
    • The BYOND Hub may be temporarily down. This happens occasionally. Rest assured that when it does happen, we try our best to bring it back up as quickly as possible. Wait for a few hours and try again. If the problem persists for a day or longer, then this is probably not the cause.
    • As a last resort, try renaming your "cfg" folder as instructed on this page.

hi,
    you should try reinstalling and configuring your router to allow css to access the internet.

Okay, it's a lil more severe. I can't even connect with BYOND itself, and it's been almost over a day. My friends are on and have no problem. PLEASE help me. It's important to me and them that I get back soon!

More Information: I can log into the BYOND pager, however it shows that it's offline. I've tried turning off my AVG Firewall but that didn't work either. I've tried multiple things from disconnecting the internet cable to restarting the computer itself and nothing has worked. It shows me Connected to the World, then shows Connection Closed.
    Last edited by Whiven; 29-07-2009 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiven View Post
    Okay, it's a lil more severe. I can't even connect with BYOND itself, and it's been almost over a day. My friends are on and have no problem. PLEASE help me. It's important to me and them that I get back soon!

More Information: I can log into the BYOND pager, however it shows that it's offline. I've tried turning off my AVG Firewall but that didn't work either. I've tried multiple things from disconnecting the internet cable to restarting the computer itself and nothing has worked. It shows me Connected to the World, then shows Connection Closed.
    Do you use any router to connect to the internet? If yes, you will need to configure the router so that you can use the ports that are used by games to connect to the server. You will need to port forward for your internal IP address...

The issue can be with your IP address. Just renew you account and try to connect again. Also check out that the problem is not from the ISP side. To which you are trying to connect. On internet you will get a list of gaming servers for every online game. Just google out some information.

It is possible that BYOND Hub is temporarily down. wait for some time and try again later. If it does not resolved then you need to check further.