Thread: loss my wireless connection at night

loss my wireless connection at night

I have a Toshiba notebook with Windows Vista home premium-pre installed. I have just bought this notebook 3 months ago. My adapter is Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter. When at night, I can't connect to internet but I can access just local, but all my roomates can connected to internet just only me that can't connected, but while in the morning I can connect to internet and it is so fast. I don't know does it have have a problem with my connection settings or something else ?

Re: loss my wireless connection at night

This issue can occur if the SSID (Service Set Identifier) for the wireless network has not been added to the list of preferred wireless networks. This can occur if infrastructure networks are detected and wireless detection has been set to auto configuration ( the network has not been previously associated with and has not failed an 802.1x authentication attempt.)

To resolve this issue, set the SSID of the network that you want to use from the Visible Networks list to the Preferred Networks list:

1. In the Network Connections folder, right-click the icon for the wireless connection that you want to use, and then click Properties.
    2. Click the Wireless Networks tab, and then click Configure.
    3. In the Network Name (SSID) box, type the SSID that you want to add, and then click OK. The Wireless Network Name for UTB/TSC is LIBERTAD (all uppercase). You should only have this wireless network name.

Re: loss my wireless connection at night

Try to ping to your ISP's dns and alternet dns ip addresses. If you are getting then there is not fault in the connectivity. Just try then by conneciting your laptop directly to the cable coming from the ISP if you are at home. If you are getting sites, then there is something wrong with the router. All the best.