Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009

How to share files from Win XP to Windows 7

Hello Friends,

I am curious to work with the Windows 7,so I decided to switch over from Windows XP to windows 7,but the problem is that even though migration to windows 7 is easy, How do i share my files to Windows 7.

Please suggest some good suggestions.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2009

Re: How to share files from Win XP to Windows 7

sometimes just running the Network setup Wizard" on the XP computer can fix file sharing issues. That step is easily forgotten... I've done it myself! I had a small issue with my XP laptop and after thinking to hard and making it more complicated then needed.... I realized that I forgot to run the Network Setup Wizard and now all files and a network drive are fully accessible.
Old 09-04-2009

With Public folder sharing enabled, the public folders and all of the folders within the Public folder are automatically shared with the name Public. You do not have to configure file sharing on separate folders. You only have to either move or copy the file or folder you want to share on the network to the Public folder.
Old 09-04-2009

Also, be sure to wait long enough for the machines to see each other. On a home network, it can take nearly fifteen minutes after booting for all PCs to be fully talking to each other. It's easy to get an initial rejection notice from your PC and assume there's something wrong with the networking, when waiting a bit longer would allow them to talk.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,