Thread: Norton Internet Security 2009 - No updates

Norton Internet Security 2009 - No updates

Hi,

Until now had Norton Internet Security 2008 in the deployment and was actually quite happy with it. As part of my update subscriptions, I am also entitled to underground version updates to get. So I looked on the Symantec site, the new version 2009 is loaded and installed. After the software is activated via the Internet, also has worked wonderfully. The remaining subscription period will be displayed properly. However I get the beginning of the message last week, my anti-virus definitions would not be more up to date OK, chuck we stop live update. Unfortunately, wrong thought. I get the message "No updates available". And since more than one week. This can surely not be. I know there are updates. I could not even with the 2009 version updates drag. I'm already on about whether I was not yet switch back to the 2008.

For tips, I would be very grateful.

Re: Norton Internet Security 2009 - No updates

The Norton is known that it needs a lot of resources, otherwise there are sometimes before it installs times in the whole system ..

I have good experience so far with Avast made, according to test of AntiVir is apparently still good (for me, but snapshots). Both are free.

I currently run Antivir without problems.

A surprise it was only after the initial installation - since I know that deleted mails in Thunderbird until you compress the mail database really be deleted.

You can connect to a technical support agent through the chat.

Click Help and Support > One Click Support

Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to a Symantec Technical Support agent.

Auto-Protect is your real-time protection feature that loads into memory and provides constant protection from viruses and other malware. You can configure Auto-Protect to load during the start up to maximize the protection so that it loads right at the start up providing enhanced protection. Here is how you can enable Auto-Protect to load during start-up.

1. Click Computer Settings

2. On the Computer Settings window, under the Real Time Protection section, turn on the Early Load option.