Thread: How do i mount network place in Windows 7

sad How do i mount network place in Windows 7

Hello Everyone,

I'm running Windows 7 as my opearting system. Can any body tell me that how do i mount network place in Windows 7? Does any body have any idea about it, that how can i do so? Please can someone provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue. Would be grateful to you if some one would help me out to resolve the above issue.

Thanks.

Re: How do i mount network place in Windows 7

This document describes how to mount mail.rochester.edu as a network drive, so it will appear just like any other folder on your computer.

Step 1: Right click Start, and choose Open all Users, next choose My Network Places. Click Add a Network Place on the left toolbar. This will start the Add Network Place Wizard.

Note: There may be a toolbar in the way. To fix this, click View at the top of the window, and select Explorer Bar. Then uncheck any items that are checked.

Step 2: Click Next.

Step 3: Make sure that Choose Another Network Location is selected, then click Next.

Step 4: After typing the address,Click Next.

Step 5: You will now be asked for your login information. Type in your mail login for the User Name, and your password for the password. Click OK.

Note: Your files will become accessible to anyone who uses this computer. This is not a wise action on a public workstation! NEVER check the remember password box on a public workstation.

Step 6: In this box, you will type in the name of the connection. It is a good idea to have "mail.rochester.edu" in the name you choose, so you are reminded that this folder is actually on the mail server, not your own computer.

Step 7: This is the end of the wizard. The connection should now be successfully set up. You can check the box to have the network folder opened automatically. Click Finish.

To open this folder again after closing it, click Start, click My Network Places and then click the folder with the name that you chose back in Step 6. To move a file from the folder to your desktop simply click and drag the desired file to your desktop

Re: How do i mount network place in Windows 7

You can create or map a drive directly to your FTP site from within Windows Vista. For that you dont need the help of any third party software. It could be done in XP and it can be done in Vista too.

• Open Explorer-- > Computer-- > Click Map Network Drive.
    • Next click Add network location wizard.
    • Select Choose a custom network location - Specify the address of the website, network location or ftp site.
    • Uncheck log on anonymously and give the username & password.

You will now be connected to your website.