Thread: DSL modem doesn't uninstall

unsure DSL modem doesn't uninstall

My Computer is running Win-XP on MSI V-Class Mother Board.I have a broadband connection which works with a DSL modem(Nokia-Siemens-C2110). I have installed the USB drivers for the DSL modem.Recently, I am noticing that whenever I Disconnect the broadband connection and switch off my modem, the icon, Local Area Connection 2 doesn't disappear(what should happen).Rather it shows as Disabled.After that, when I try to shutdown the computer, I can't do so because the last screen keeps on showing 'shutting down....' for an indefinite period.I have to push that restart button. When I tried to uninstall the the modem driver,an error message shows:coudln't load newdev.dll .The program can't be uninstalled. What should i do now?

Re: DSL modem doesn't uninstall

"First right click on my computer and click properties and go to the hardware tab and click hardware manager. There should be a yellow exclamation point on your usb modem. Right click and click update driver. If this doesn't work, then go to windows update, and if that doesn't work, then go to the manufacturers website and try downloading a new driver from them and make sure you uninstall the old driver first

If Windows is unable to run applications due to a .dll error, this .dll may be missing or you may have registry error. Such errors can heavily influence the performance of your PC. newdev.dll is a module that contains functions for adding new hardware devices to the system.

download this newdev.dll from here .Browse to the location on your computer, where you would like to extract the file.i recommend you to unzip the file to the directory of the program that is requesting the file. If that doesn't work, you will have to extract the file to your system directory. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).

Have you check on the "device" manufacturer's support web site so as to see if they have an alternate install method or revised drivers? Use a CCleaner to uninstall the modem driver.

Well, this seems to be extremely annoying. I had faced similar kind of a problem during installation of my broadband modem. There, I tried to update new version of USB driver from intel site. but no use.

However, which version of Windows Service Pack are you using ? If it's Windows SP 2, then it won't allow users to add peripheral driver installation.

Change the version of Windows SP from 2 to 3. I did the same and it really worked.

Exclamation Re: DSL modem doesn't uninstall

Quote Originally Posted by fleming View Post
    Have you check on the "device" manufacturer's support web site so as to see if they have an alternate install method or revised drivers? Use a CCleaner to uninstall the modem driver.
    Fleming, could u please tell me what exactly a CCleaner is,and how can I use it?

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"