Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009

Continuous Ad's pop-up on Mac os

Hello
my problem is that, whatever I do on the internet when I close the pages I visit, I end up with 5 or 6 pages of advertising (poker, travel, lottery, etc, etc ...) and again, they often appear even in 1st map! I checked the blocking of pop-up window but it changes nothing. I hope someone can clear this problem,please reply thank you.
Old 03-04-2009

Re: Continuous Ad's pop-up on Mac os safari

download updated safari version Safari 4 beta download
Old 03-04-2009

only to pop up in background and it limits the tools anti pop up otherwise the usual conventional measures in case of glitches this is not a tutorial but just a quick reminder of things various feasible for more info do a search

* Having an OS update

* Repair permissions via Disk Utility or another tool (like Onyx): maintenance to be done on every update Apple (or install an application with installer)
preference via disk if Onyx is a former

* Verification of the repair volume
(Via disk support)
* verification of the functioning of the application or function
Need to create a test session
* Cleaning and maintenance: try Onyx tool which works fine
* Download and install the combo update of OS
whatever the updates already made This helps consolidate OS and correct any errors not corrected by a previous update or emerged from grouped into a single file all updates

If Tiger, take one for the OS and the type of processor (PPC or macintel) If panther to do if the OS is between 10.3 and 10.3.8, but not very useful as old, and it does not take into account various maj emerged since

* cleaning and repairs related to a specific application:
move application closed (not discard, keep, on the desktop for example) the files linked in the libraries of the user of the application plist, caches of the application in the session, and in some cases the data files when they exist in the library
relaunch
Attention depending on the application will preserve some linked files (data characters) before changing the plist or may archive or delete data

Does partial relocation (application) or complete (OS) which only last when everything else has really failed

all these manipulations are complementary and detailed records and case by case depending on the application
Old 03-04-2009

check this for updates
Download Apple Security and Java updates for Mac OS X
Old 03-04-2009

if you are using safari topic is already made check here How to Block Ads in Safari Browser

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: ,