Thread: Annoying Wireless

Annoying Wireless

Hey Guys, im new to this forum, so take it easy .

basically ive gt one of hte most frustrating networking issues ive ever encounterd, theres a lot of aspects so ill try an be as precise as poss!

My hardware is a amd system, 3gb ram, runnin on vista 32bit, wireless network card is a crappy railink turbo wireless lan card, and my router is the netgear WGR614v9!

rite the problem is, i cannot connect to my wireless network, duhh, but it flicks from disconnected-limited-connected in an endless route, and it jus keeps, aquiring ip address, then loosing it . also my wireless network will only connect when my lan is being used, and also, my lan is appearing in my wireless networks, which is kinda weird. and when i click remove, a few seconds later, it pops back up lol, wnt perminantly remove. im thinkin maybe its a compatablity issue, or a mix up in networks somehwere, and i know its not a hardware failure, becasue i partioned my hardrive with a fresh vista install, and it works without a hitch. im more than 99% sure its a setting or regisrty entry, but ive tried system restore, even advansted system optimizer, but to no avail.

also when i try connect to the network, it will obviuosly ask for my WPA key, i enter it, click next, it jus DCs and ask to diagnose why it cant connect Grrrrrr.

Its jus really annoying, ive uninstalled my 3rd party firewall, restared DHCP and SSid in the services menu, ive uninstalled and reinstalled both the wireless adaprter, as well as reseting the router, its jus pissin me off now .

I know the best idea would be a fresh install, but i jus really cant be botherd backing up my 500gb hardrive and transfering it all .

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Thx in advance, Ste !!

Re: Annoying Wireless

Hey!
    Which is that manufacturer? never heard about railink. OK. Update your drivers. and download all possible and available update for windows. Check if your device is compatible...! If nothing helps post back...! All the best...!

Re: Annoying Wireless

While in the command prompt, try releasing and renewing your IP.

1. type IPCONFIG /RELEASE
    2. type IPCONFIG /RENEW
    3. type EXIT

If your issue still ocurrs, then it might be a router configuration problem. Try unplugging everything from your router, including the power cable. After 30 seconds, plug in your router's power cable and wait for the self-test to complete. Then plug your computer's ethernet cable into the router. Afterwards, repeat steps 1-3 above.