Thread: Download McAfee Conficker Detection Tool

Download McAfee Conficker Detection Tool

W32/Conficker.worm exploits the MS08-067 vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Server Service. If the vulnerability is successfully exploited, it could allow remote code execution when file sharing is enabled. Machines should be patched and rebooted to clean the system, then rebooted again to prevent reinfection.McAfee has developed a utility that will assess for the presence of the Conficker worm and identify which systems are already infected. We recommend that you download the McAfee Conficker Detection Tool now.

Download

Re: Download McAfee Conficker Detection Tool

Hello , Conficker first surfaced late last year, taking advantage of a security flaw in Microsoft’s Windows operating system to spread itself. Microsoft provided an emergency fix for the vulnerability last October with Security Update MS08-067. However, because many systems were not patched or properly protected with security software, Conficker has slithered onto as many as 12 million Windows computers, according to some estimates. Some experts believe that one variant of the worm, Conficker.C, may activate on April 1 and start another assault on Windows computers. Computers infected with Conficker become part of an army of compromised computers and could be used to launch attacks on Web sites, distribute spam, host phishing Web sites or other criminal activities. Additionally, once it is on a computer, Conficker digs itself in by attempting to deactivate security software and sabotaging tools to remove it.

Check Out More Info About Another , http://forums.techarena.in/web-news-trends/1151610.htm

Hello , How Can We Know that My Computer is Affected from this Virus , I Mean To say That there may be Some Symptom and Sign to Checkout the Presence of this Virus thanks in Advance for your replies

Quote Originally Posted by Khozema View Post
    Hello , How Can We Know that My Computer is Affected from this Virus , I Mean To say That there may be Some Symptom and Sign to Checkout the Presence of this Virus thanks in Advance for your replies
    One of the symptoms of this worm is that it blocks access to Web sites of Internet security companies, A pretty good indication of whether your computer has been infected is to try and visit any website If the site won’t load, you will need to clean your infected computer by searching for removal tool on the Internet. You should also install Microsoft’s patch to prevent the worm from reinstalling itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Khozema View Post
    If on Windows Vista, the worm executes "netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled" to turn off the Vista TCP/IP receive window autotuning, a feature that has been known to cause problems with many routers and firewalls.