Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to Set Wifi Password ?

Networking & Security

Old 31-03-2009

How to Set Wifi Password ?

Hello everyone,
I Think I Have a problem for some time I realize that my download speed is greatly reduced and my browser Hangsup. I have Connected my wireless card in my modem I wonder that if my Neighbors are connecting to my modem for internet Is there a way to see the computers connected to my modem? and also how do I put a password on my wifi connection? I have windows vista Thank you in advance for your Replies

Old 31-03-2009

Re: How to Set Wifi Password ?

This can be done in the WebGUI (Web Graphical User Interface) of your router. Find the documentation for your router, either the paper manual that came with it, a cd that came with it, or online at the manufactuers website. And lookup how to enable WEP or WPA (Wired Equivalent Privacy or (WiFi Protected Access). WPA2-PSK is the highest level of security available.
WPA-PSK is also pretty high, but has been cracked. WEP is almost useless, and can be cracked in minutes by amateurs.
Old 31-03-2009

Hello , Check this Guide Regarding Similar Topic How to make Wi-Fi secure Hope it WIll Help you
Old 31-03-2009

Type 192.168.1.1 into a browser window to open the router config page.

Default login is:
username - admin
password - admin

These need to be changed.

For security select WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK both of which are more secure than WEP, and for security you can select automatic, TKIP or AES, AES being the better option and a passphrase between 8 and 63 characters long. You will need to enter the MAC address of each computer and Privilege set to 'Allow

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: ,