Thread: SMT protocol

SMT protocol

Hello
    I want to simulate Secure Message Transmission Protocol in NS-2, and analyse the results...I want to compare with other protocols...
    I want source code for it to simulate....I have searched the search engines but failed to get the code ....can anyone give information on where can i get the code... or anyother related info.....

Thank you in advance

Re: SMT protocol

Here i will provide you which type of e-mail server you can use to send and receive your E-mails, you may comparison out of this.
    When setting up an e‑mail account in Windows Mail, you'll be asked to select the type of e‑mail server your account uses. Windows Mail supports the following e‑mail server types.

• Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) servers hold incoming e‑mail messages until you check your e‑mail, at which point they're transferred to your computer. POP3 is the most common account type for personal e‑mail. Messages are typically deleted from the server when you check your e‑mail.

• Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) servers let you work with e‑mail messages without downloading them to your computer first. You can preview, delete, and organize messages directly on the e‑mail server, and copies are stored on the server until you choose to delete them. IMAP is commonly used for business e‑mail accounts.

• Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) servers handle the sending of your e‑mail messages to the Internet. The SMTP server handles outgoing e‑mail, and is used in conjunction with a POP3 or IMAP incoming e‑mail server.

Re: SMT protocol

hi
    thank you for the response...
    SMT i am referring is secure message transmission and not simple mail transfer protocol.......

the above link explains smt...

once again thank you very much
    Last edited by abhishek; 31-03-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Link removed