Thread: Notepad,Word files seems in Blue colour

Notepad,Word files seems in Blue colour

Hello,

I remember that i was infected by the Trojan Viruses last time since then when i checked for the word and notepad files, some of its sees Blue in colour and some are not, I have tried out many things but i was unable to make it in its previous form, I am thinking that all the files which shows in Blue colour is infected by some viruses,is i am true with this? or there are any other problem?

But when i open those files it opens it very normally but the displayed Blue colour on the file remains in my mind...

please help

Re: Notepad,Word files seems in Blue colour

blue color -> compressed files
    green color -> encrypted files

Open my computer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> uncheck "Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color" -> Apply -> ok

This is not what you are thinking about...Lollzzz

Kerwin is correct any Blue coloured files/folders are compressed.

No as far as deleting things you are generally safe to delete things if they Are Not in the Windows, Some of the Program Files and quite a lot in the Documents & Settings although you are free to delete folders and files in your personal account it's generally speaking not a good idea to delete the All User & Default User folders as this will Kill Windows.

If you have installed SP2 separately from the install of the OS you'll also have a folder listed as some sort of numbered string generally as the first entry on the HDD and this CAN NOT be deleted as Windows will not allow you to remove it.

The Temp folders in the Windows Directory and in your user account
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Temp can be emptied which will free up some more drive space if that's your problem and if these have never been cleared you can get back quite a lot of space but some programs place items in these Temp Folders which you can not remove.

Everything else is generally speaking OK to delete though by deleting some folders you run the risk of removing some programs. If you have run the uninstall option you can them go about removing those folders of the programs removed though it may require a Reboot to be able to remove them.

The safest things to remove are your data in the form of any documents saved, your Favourites List, stored E-Mails and your Address Book all of which can be found in the Documents & Setting folder under your name or the account holders name though you may have to go into the viewing options and allow hidden folders to be seen.

• Go to 'My Computer'
    • Go to the drive/folder which you want to decompress.
    • Right-click-->Go to 'Properties'
    • If you're decompressing a whole drive then in the 'General' tab, you'll see at the bottom 'Compress drive to save disk space'
    • Uncheck it and click 'OK'
    • It'll take some time to decompress the whole drive contents as it applies the new attributes.
    • On the other hand, if you're decompressing any file/folder then in the 'General' tab you'll see the 'Attributes' section.
    • Click on 'Advanced'.
    • There also uncheck the same option as mentioned above.
    • There you have uncompressed file/folder/drive.
    • Now they are listed in Black colour!!

Enjoy...