Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP wifi doesn't work

Networking & Security

Old 27-03-2009

Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP wifi doesn't work

hi
i have ASUS P5K-E/WiFi-AP Motherboard with 802.11g (54 Mbps) WiFi access point, allowing you to share your Internet connection wirelessly without a wireless broadband router.but now wifi adapter doesn't work any more.i have all updated driver.doesn't even appear on the device manager.Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Old 27-03-2009

Re: Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP wifi doesn't work

Have you tried manually installing the driver ? If you go to the Device Manager, perhaps you can tell Windows to use that driver.
Old 27-03-2009

1. Go to Network Cards and select the SDIO Wireless Adapter
2. (this maybe optional) Set the My Network Card connects to: Work
2. Manually assign a valid IP address, Netmask, Gateway and DNS
3. Power off the device (holding power for 5 seconds) and power on
4. Go to Comm Manager and turn on WiFi
Old 27-03-2009

Try to install the Drivers from the Realtek website rather then the Asus one. This fixed my problems with the P5K-E wifi.
Old 27-03-2009

hi,
i had same problem, After restarting after flashing the BIOS, no WI/FI was detected. I shut the computer down. I then restarted to look at the new BIOS but almost immediately shut the computer down (not booted yet) as I missed the Enter Setup option with the F10 Key.

When I restarted, Windows put me in a repair procedure that actually told me to contact Microsoft. Rather than do that, I shut down and restarted. And then the "Miracle"!!! Upon restarting, it found the WI/FI and installed it. It is now working.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,