Thread: How to extend my home network?

How to extend my home network?

I searched on the internet a lot if people had the same problem as me, but I never really found the answer I expected and I would seek.

I have my home on the 1st floor of my freebox which distributes the connection to the various pieces of my floor. In the basement of the house over wifi signal and I connect another pc and play there.

I still have 1 ethernet port on my freebox and I wonder if it is possible to connect a device that is located in the basement and disseminate wifi here. I heard about access point but I do not know what that is.

Thank you for your help.

Re: How to extend my home network?

more simply and effectively informs you about CPL

Indeed, for your installation, the CPL also seems the best (if your grid is not too old).

In addition, as you are in Free, I advise you to look at the side of FreePlug

Thank you, but it seems to me that the CPL can connect two freebox or footwear? With the CPL is it possible to directly connect devices? In this case I would need two CPL for each device?

And is it possible to stream via a second wireless access point to the basement, after you install a transmission via the CPL? It has to communicate my ire freebox and a wifi access point via the CPL?
    Thank you

Basically, a CPL Kit (2 boxes) can connect 2 devices (2 PCs, 1 PC + 1 MODEM, etc..) Exactly like a cable Ethernet/RJ45 but through sockets.

So, in your case, you need 3 boxes: 1 for FreeBox (a FreePlug, which also included food seems interesting), 1 for the PC in the basement and even 1 for the PS3 (it also under - basement).

Then you can certainly put a WiFi router, but with all the problems of WiFi (the reliability of the connection mostly) ... that does not have the CPL.

If you have the opportunity to make a rj45 cable, I advise you to do so. The CPL is too unstable for my taste, especially for online play (a lot of lost packets).

What I would if I were you, I draw a cable rj45 from first to the basement. In the basement, I put a small 4-port switch which I attach the PC and console game this way everything is wired on dedicated lines, therefore you would have a very stable and better rates.