Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Virtual box and localhost

Networking & Security

Old 26-03-2009

Virtual box and localhost

Hello I have ubuntu.
And I develop websites. I want to display in the controller ie when I installed virtual box and xp.
Under xp but when I type http://localhost I do not have the sites of my localhost ubuntu.

What setting should I do for this?
Thank you

Old 26-03-2009

Re: Virtual box and localhost

This is normal. The VirtualBox provides a virtual OS. He does not have access to the hard drive (except hers is in it. Vdi). To do this, you must install wamp on the virtual machine and create a shared folder on Ubuntu for VirtualBox accesses. You places your sources in there and you look from there.

Now that's a lot of for not much as it exists: ies4linux (http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Installation)

edit: no need for that if wamp HTML with CSS

Otherwise (I have not really tested), if your virtual machine has arrived ping your Ubuntu, you connect with IE on your Ubuntu and it's good.
Old 26-03-2009

well but I want to install a virtual machine

but I thought we were not forced to reinstall wamp
Old 26-03-2009

Well in this case must be as I said. You connect your virtual machine to the ip of your distribution with Ubuntu server lamp made and it is good.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: