Thread: Bonjour to create a network with iPhone

Bonjour to create a network with iPhone

It seems that it is easy as pie to use Bonjour, but while the creation of a network architecture was indeed simple on my old Powerbook G4, then, with the MBA, I dry a bit ...

If there are blessed with a creation of managed network to establish data transfers wifi on their iPhone (and WiFi transfers their iPhone to MBA), I would be delighted to make me part of their enviable experience .

Everything is on my MBA. Except that.In fact, I find it very unfortunate when a machine designed for the wifi be as inconvenient
    thank you

Re: Bonjour to create a network with iPhone

When I do Air Sharing, my iPhone (connected by wifi) is on a different network than my office computer. So they don't see each other by Bonjour. Or something like that. I can connect using the full IP address provided... the drawback of that is it changes each time. The Air Sharing people have a forum, that is a better place to discuss this. Last time I checked there, it was full of "Can't connect by Bonjour" messages...with various fixes "this worked for me".

Manual entry of the IP address works whether they are on the same wifi net or not ... as long as both are on the internet.iPhone and home wifi network

If I understand you want to use a third-party application type FileMagnet, Files, AirSharing, etct, to connect your iphone with macbook to transfer files.

If this is your goal, why does not you just a wifi network?

To do this, simply click on the Airport icon in your task bar, to "create a network, give it a name and click OK.

Then, with your iphone, you connect on the same network

in order to create a network with the name of my Macbook (network initially impossible to establish, because when I click "create a network", the bazaar mill, mill without creating at all), simply change the name of Mac automatically generated by the machine (like "Macbook-Air-to-Bidule-thing") and choose a new name ( "McbookAir-de-Bidule," for example) .

I do not know if I am very clear, but in any case, now, no need to go through Mobileme software to sync my iPhone. Bonjour works very well. But the condition for use was to create the original source on the Mac, of course!