Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-03-2009

Window disappears instead of being minimized to taskbar

Hello,

Here is my problem: when I want to reduce my window to go in the taskbar, it disappears. It started after installing PC BOOST. So I uninstall the software but the problem of the window disappears remained. So I restored my system but the problem persists. Do it cause of any virus? i don't wanna format my system, please help me. XP is my OS.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25-03-2009

Re: Window disappears instead of being minimized to taskbar

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Scroll to line 240, left column

Also, pressing Alt Tab may maximize them.

Hope this helps.

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 25-03-2009

Have you checked those windows in task manager?

Minimize the program by clicking the minimize (center) icon in the bar at the top right corner of the program screen. Watch in which direction it disappears. Then:

1. Push the ?ALT? key + "space" bar + ?M? key (this should cause the Min Max Move Restore window to appear [in keyboard mode] allowing you to move windows in the keyboard mode instead of the mouse mode).

2. Hold down an arrow key in the opposite direction that the window disappeared and wait for a few seconds to see if it reappears.
Old 25-03-2009
dewight

Refer this similar kind of threads: Display Problem -window Disappears on Minimize
Icons, taskbar, and start menu disappears - Explorer.exe
http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/851680.htm
Old 28-01-2012

sad Re: Window disappears instead of being minimized to taskbar

hi guys...even i have a similar problem, but i haven't been able to solve it as yet...whenever i minimize a window instead of going to the taskbar, the window seems to disappears...but i can restore it back by pressing ALT + TAB....but the problem still persists....HELP !!

(My OS is WINDOWS 7)
Old 28-01-2012

It is because of any third party software installed in your system. For a standard fix try to create a new user in Windows and then check the behavior still persist or not. Another thing you can try running System Restore which might fix the issue. Another thing checking the property ShowInTaskBar is set to True. You can run any registry repair tool to fix the same.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: ,