Thread: Printer Sharing problem in windows xp using wifi

Printer Sharing problem in windows xp using wifi

I have a PC desktop and a laptop connected via a home network through wifi but can not print from the laptop. The home network and have it set up the printer on both computers to share it. I have Windows XP on both.
    Thank you.
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

Re: Printer Sharing problem in windows xp using wifi

Hello,
    I think there is something wrong in your description ... The printer must be installed and shared (ie with a simple right click on the printer and choose sharing. usually in the machine you are physically connected. On the other pc, you must install it as network printer. The link was made?

on the machine that the printer is NOT plugged in, go to Control Panel and choose Printers install printer ... There's going to ask if a local printer (ie connected to that computer) or a network printer ... Here you got to go ....
    you see a button for browsing the network, and if the printer is shared on another computer, you should see ...
    After all ok and ready ...

When I go to My Network Places - view workgroup computers I get the following message:
    You do not have access. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to check if you have access permissions.
    The list of servers for this workgroup is not available at this time.
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

It seems to me that are having problems with the network so. If a folder on a machine, you can not see it in the other?
    if no network, no printer ... Must see if they are launched all the services that correspond to the network ... if not, we must start. NetDDE, etc.