Thread: cannot share folder on my network with vista

cannot share folder on my network with vista

I have 2 pc with vista and 1 with xp, I created my network cable cat info 6th and I tested all my rj-45, I made connection with a switch 10-100-1000 in my live-box until I have the ok to share my pc with xp without any problems, but those in c: with vista cannot be shared and the problem is that when I was accessing a file from one pc in vista it gives me error code 0x80070005 access denied. you do may not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permission to access. Please help me. Thank you

Re: cannot share folder on my network with vista

This is a rights issue, check to be the Administrator on Vista when you share (s) file (s). And if they are on Vista, you have certainly put a name with a password to allow trade between posts. Check everything and keeps us informed.

With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

There's nothing new about the need for the same workgroup name - that's always been the case. There are a few differences in the way that Vista handles file-sharing:-

By default Vista uses the Public folder rather than the Shared Documents folder to simplify file sharing. With Public folder sharing enabled, the public folders and all of the folders within the Public folder are automatically shared with the name 'Public'. You do NOT have to configure file sharing on separate folders. You only have to either move or copy the file or folder you want to share on the network to the Public folder.

By default Vista doesn't allow simple file sharing. Access to shared folders, including the public folder (if shared), requires a user name and password. Simple file sharing is enabled by default in Windows XP Home Edition.

The other thing that's worth checking is the network location type. For home networks this should be set as 'private', and you can do this in the network sharing centre - click 'start' then 'network' then 'properties'.