Thread: DNS problems with Comodo / kaspersky

DNS problems with Comodo / kaspersky

I will soon change because security Fsecure that I have is about to expire. I checked around on the forum and Comodo seems interesting.

But after I installed it I got a little problem, the internet was quite castle. I made a TPTEST and I got a result on the type 20mbit/sec. I have 100mbit/sec by broadband company (Lan) and has always been at 94 Mbit/sec when I have tested before. Tried to repair my connection but was told that it could not clear the DNS cache. Well, I thought perhaps free is not so good. Tested instead kaspersky 2009, but just the same thing happened, DNS can not be cleaned and the internet speed is low. Installed then back to Fsecure and now there is no problem, speed is 94 Mbs and DNS can be cleared. Let me add that I am no expert on this so it may perhaps be negotiating else but what this may be due to? Why is the rate lower by Comodo and kaspersky? it may have something to do with the DNS cache?

Grateful for all the answers.

Re: DNS problems with Comodo / kaspersky

It is probably so that the uninstallation of F-secure, leave residues that pose it to you. Like many other security programs, called F-secure a special removal program to completely uninstalled! Is available at the link!

http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corp...removeav.shtml

With regard to uninstall a security, you can not use Revo Uninstaller? There can of course remove everything associated with installed programs to make. It is not always easy to find the uninstall program for all security package.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton.J View Post
    It is probably so that the uninstallation of F-secure, leave residues that pose it to you. Like many other security programs, called F-secure a special removal program to completely uninstalled! Is available at the link!

http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corp...removeav.shtml
    Ok, interesting. Must try and see if it goes well!

Thanks

To uninstall in Safe Mode may also be an advantage - if the program did not use the Windows Installer

As far as security programs, it is much more complicated than most other programs. They contain sas protection! They may indeed not be able to be eliminate by the div. malware anyway. This is why many of them need these special "removers". There are, however, be downloaded from the manufacturer in them where it is needed! Uninstaller no direct miracle cure either! It may take away some rubbish which some programs leave behind, mostly registry keys, but there are lots of products which it can not do!

Would just write a small number if one should ever face the same problem and I do not know what it is doing to solve the problem. Tripped over it by accident.

When you install Kaspersky, close it automatically by the DNS Client because it may constitute a security. This makes it impossible to clear the DNS cache. Patches are there.

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - DNS client (will be turned off) Set automatic and turn on the DNS Client.

And so it is possible to clear the Cache and the internet can be faster.

Have experienced similar problems with the CIS. Never became insane why my broadband became castles.
    Always took a while after installing the CIS. Tested on other computers at the home with same result.
    Uses the default settings of the CIS.
    CIS 's protection of DNS, but it is perhaps a little too effective? Bug?
    Dell C610 PIII 1Ghz
    Docking station
    DLink Radio
    Codi DC/DC adaptor