Thread: Symantec problem

angry Symantec problem

I did a stuipd thing. I uninstalled Symantec Antivirus on my parent server. The OS is server 2003 r2 standard. How Iwould I install this again, and all the computer get all the updates?

re: Symantec problem

1. Log on to the computer on which you plan to install the connector as administrator or as a user with administrator rights.
    2. Insert the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft SharePoint distribution CD into the CD drive.
    3. On the main CD page, under Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft SharePoint Connector, click Install.
    4. In the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft SharePoint Connector - InstallShield Wizard dialog box, under Customer Information, in the User Name box, type the account name under which you are installing the connector.
    5. In the Organization box, type the name of your organization.
    6. Indicate who will have access to the connector after installation, and then click Next.You can limit access to only the account under which the connector is installed, or you can let all users access the connector.
    7. In the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft SharePoint Connector - InstallShield Wizard dialog box, under Setup Type, select one of the following to choose a setup type:

• Complete: Installs all program features
      • Custom: Lets you change the location in which the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft SharePoint Connector is installed

Note : Do not change which program features are installed.
    8. Click Next.
    9. In the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft SharePoint Connector - InstallShield Wizard dialog box, under Microsoft Internet Information Server, indicate whether you want to stop Microsoft IIS services to complete the installation, and then click Next.If you do not want to stop IIS, click No. This cancels the installation process.
    10. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.When the installation is complete, the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft SharePoint Connector is installed as a Windows Server 2003 service and is listed as Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft SharePoint in the Services Control Panel. The Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft SharePoint Connector starts automatically when the installation is complete. Installation activities are recorded in the Windows Application Event Log.

re: Symantec problem

hi,
    I think you can install it again, just go to VPHOME and select the appriate installation package.