Thread: Port 8000 does not open ...

Port 8000 does not open ...

Hi,

Well, I have the problem with VirtualDJ, and if you already have contacts and so has found the time to times, where you can schedule a time and makes for one of his friends over the Internet streams.

This program requires the stream that the port 8000 is open.

Meanwhile, I try just the months since (honest!), And am just about to despair, because to me again and again the error message that the port is apparently not open ...

I use Windows Vista Home Premium and it is a notebook (crucial).
    I have the port 8000 is already in the Vista firewall to the exceptions added to the program Virtual DJ is no longer blocked.

In the hope that I simply am too stupid to correctly, I have only to test the firewall completely disabled - no success

Well then, read more ...

Although I do not believe that these programs can hinder the port, besides, I have the spyware program Windows Defender and my Antivir (Avira - Free Version) is disabled - no success.

Of course I have a firewall in my router (D-Link DIR-300).

So far so good ...
    - No Windows firewall, no router firewall, a software firewall, I have not.
    - Antivir no, no Windows Defender

... anyway I get instead a "wow good mix" a "can net join" and the program tells me a socket (port) Error

I look forward to your suggestions and ideas!

Re: Port 8000 does not open ...

Try opening up some port other then 80 (e.g. 8000). Does that (http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8000/) work?

If it does then the problem could be due to admin interface.

Disable admin interface of router. In case of D-Link 5-0T there is an option for disabling wen interface for WAN IP.

That should free up port 80 for your own site.

The stream program shows me connect to the error code that it does not connect to port, and as far as I know, is a port does not open when no program or links?

It depends what closed it. My guess would be that it is antivirus software or a router firewall, not Windows itself.

However, port access in Windows is set at the TCP/IP Properties -> Advanced -> Options. It's called TCP/IP filtering, I think.

I dont think theyre gonna open up 6881-6999 but is there a way to get better speeds out of 8000-8088 or other ports that they would throttle or cap. maybe 80? 80-90? these ports i dont think are being capped but i still get extremely slow speeds (like 14000 hours for a dl). i heard it might be cuz of a non-transperant proxy which to be honest i really dont know what it is. but ehh. any suggestions will be welcomed since ive tried nothing and im out of ideas. much thanks