Thread: Security & mac mail

Security & mac mail

Hello everyone

How do I know if a Wi-Fi wireless is secure.

Since I changed my server I am now all my messages have disappeared and it seems that I no longer have access to Mail I do not know anything in science if someone could help me I thank in advance

Re: Security & mac mail

In the top right of your screen, you have the wifi icon. By clicking, you can show the different networks within range. See if a lock is present right of yours. If yes, is ok. But at the same time, you should know: if it is secure, you had to enter a password to log.

For missing messages and access to Mail, we must say more: OS update? What material exactly ? What router? What protocol? What version of Mail? patch is installed or not?

Thank you for your answer, there is no padlock next to my connection, which means that my connection is not secure, how do I do?

I have a mail for macbook Mac OS 10.5.6
    Dlink615 router connected to a modem voo.

What is strange is that when I open mail I have no window that opens I just Toolbar mail if I am new window when I have the normal screen but empty,
    As I have access to I create a mail address in gmail but I preferred that all the mail messages it contained would be useful to me.
    Yesterday I went in my finder and when I click on library then user can then click on mail mailbox all my messages are there but I can not open them.

For Mail, a number of things to do before all history to clear the field:
    - Goes on the Apple site, download the patch for Mail; here http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mail_Update
    - As long as you're here, download the combo update for Leopard, and install it, even if your system is up to date: it will consolidate the; here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/M...6_Combo_Update
    - Before and after the installation, repair permissions: go to Applications - Utilities, launch Disk Utility, select your hard drive and start a repair permissions (this is long, this is normal)
    - Go to your Gmail online and make sure that all parameters are properly marked according to what you want (pop or imap), and consult the help for the configuration of Mail
    - You can also consult the help of http://www.apple.com/au/support/leopard/mail/