Thread: IP address change notification

IP address change notification

hi,
    I know there are things out there for Windows that does this,i have a dynamic IP address on my computer. Can anybody recommend a free simple program that will alert me via e-mail when my IP address changes?it is important to know when the IP address assigned by DHCP, has changed. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: IP address change notification

This IP Helper software shows you both your internal and external IP addresses, can notify you by email when they change, performs DNS and Whois lookups, and much more!

Many Internet Service Providers (ISPs) use non-static IP Addresses. Because of this, your IP Address can change frequently. Some ISPs change your IP Address every time you connect to the internet, others provide you with the same IP Address for a few days before changing it.

Because of this, it can be very difficult to keep track of your current IP address. This becomes even more of a problem if you are running web services from your computer, or are attempting to connect to your computer remotely. Our IP Helper software is the solution!

• Displays your Internal Network IP Address for users that are part of a network, or behind a router
    • Displays your External IP Address, which is the IP Address that the "outside world" sees
    • IP Address Overlay displays your IP Addresses in the top left corner of the screen, on top of all other windows!
    • Copy your Internal or External IP Address with one button click!
    • Convert an IP address to a Domain Name, and vice versa, with one click!
    • Perform a Whois lookup instantly!
    • Can be set to run automatically at startup!
    • Can notify you by email whenever your IP Address changes!
    • Great for Remote Desktop, FTP, Webservers, PC Anywhere, etc!
    • Automatically refreshes your IP Address at an interval you specify!
    • Minimizes to the taskbar and runs silently until you need it!

This is an application that monitors the local host for IP address changes and notifies a list of people by e-mail if the IP address changes. Both the IP address and the e-mail list are stored between sessions, so it will work, for instance, if the IP change is detected following a re-boot. The code also illustrates a number of useful techniques, such as how to send e-mail via MAPI and how to Winsock API to resolve the local IP address,Download the code.

What API gives synchronous notification of change of IP address(es) for a node?

Try
    www.ipupdater.com or
    www.no-ip.com

both of these let you register a domain name free of charge (e.g. warnock.ipupdater.com). They also give you a free tool
    that you run as a service on your PC. The tool checks your IP address at regular intervals. When it changes, the tool
    sends the new address to ipupdater or to no-ip, which will then link it to warnock.ipupdater.com.
    The result is that the name warnock.ipupdater.com always resolves to your current external IP address, no matter what it is.