Thread: WLAN - Frequent Connection Terminations

WLAN - Frequent Connection Terminations

hi,
    I have problems with the wireless connection of my notebook: This comes from a WLAN Fritzbox 7050 (latest firmware) and is WPA2 encrypted. Signal strength on the notebook is very good (54MBit) - are also only 10 meters and a wall. Wireless on laptop is an internal Intel 2200BG with the latest drivers from Intel (the latest drivers from the notebook manufacturers do not improve). Connection Manager is the Windows Own.

The crashes occur frequently when a download is running and you will surf alongside. An on and off the WLAN card solves the problem generally, but not always: sometimes, he finds in the WLAN, but can not connect ... Then, just Fritzbox reset. If the problem is now the Fritzbox or rather on the notebook? What can I try?

Re: WLAN - Frequent Connection Terminations

Are there any other WLAN in your neighborhood? It could be that a neighbor on the same channel as your Fritzbox. Have a look at what you and sends you such a free channel (1, 6 or 11) out and put it on the box.

There are 2 other networks, will see whether the same channel. Why chosen: 1, 6 or 11? Because there's differences with the other channels?
    Drivers are up to date as I said, but maybe sometimes I try the software from Intel ...

The channels do not differ among themselves. But: One channel "overlap" during the transfer in the areas of the other channels.It selects channels in the frequency range, but at least 4 channels apart.