Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to connect to Steam Servers

Networking & Security

Old 04-03-2009

Unable to connect to Steam Servers

Hello everyone,
When I ask the server list in Steam, it just shows me (about 50 instead of 4000) and when I try to connect to one of them it does not work. The problem is not my firewall or my anti-virus, because when I disable it changes nothing.
The problem could come from my router. In fact I have a modem with a router Numericable which is integrated, but given that this integrated router running poorly, I have another Belkin, which works better.
When I open my control panel under "Internet and network connections", I learn that my IP address is 192.168.2.2 and the default gateway is 192.168.2.1. So I type 192.168.2.1 into the address bar of Internet, and transferring all the ports that I have been told to do to with Steamserver (on 192.168.2.2). All this is on my Belkin router. I can not do the same on the router to my modem because the requested IP address where you transfer ports is a 192.168.0. (X). However the problem lies perhaps with not the router.

Thank you for your help!

Old 04-03-2009

Re: Unable to connect to Steam Servers

Would you mind trying a power cycle of the DSL modem and your router? I would like to see if after the line syncs back up if the issue still occurs.
Old 04-03-2009

you can try deleting the client registry blob file located here C:\Program Files\Steam...not sure it will help.
Close steam completely, delete Program Files\Steam\clientregistry.blob, restart steam. It will perform an update and then it should work. Always worked for me.
Old 04-03-2009

The only file you should delete is clientregistry.blob
If you have a problem still you should check the Steam forums on the steam site

The Greatest Sig Ever

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,