Thread: Need to get rid of W32.Netsky.S@mm.

Need to get rid of W32.Netsky.S@mm.

My antivirus software is giving me an alert message that W32.Netsky.S@mm is detected on my computer system. I am trying to delete this W32.Netsky.S@mm from my computer system but I am unable to do so. I have no idea what is the problem why I am not able to delete this W32.Netsky.S@mm from my computer. My personal computer system is also working slow, may be because of the W32.Netsky.S@mm. I want to know how to delete this W32.Netsky.S@mm from my computer system.

Re: Need to get rid of W32.Netsky.S@mm.

W32.Netsky.S@mm which is detected on your computer system is mass mailing worm spreads through e-mail address. W32.Netsky.S@mm collect e-mail address from .eml, .txt, .php, .asp, .wab, .doc, .sht, .oft, .msg, .vbs, .rtf, .uin, .shtm, .cgi, .dhtm, .adb, .tbb, .dbx, .pl, .htm, .html, .jsp, .wsh, .xml, .cfg, .mbx, .mdx, .mht, .mmf, .nch, .ods, .stm, .xls, and .ppt files. Normally this W32.Netsky.S@mm worm arrives as an e-mail attachment. The subject and the body contents of the email is randomly selected randomly by this worm.

Once this worm enters your computer system then it copies itself to the windows folder with the name EasyAV.exe. This W32.Netsky.S@mm worm normally changes the registry key value so that this worm can launch again at the time of reboot. Hence if you delete this worm from your computer system then it will come again until and unless you delete the registry key of this worm. If you have the good knowledge of registry key value you can manually delete this worm from your computer system.

Re: Try to restore you system

W32.Netsky.S@mm worm has its own SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) engine for spreading itself. You can try to restore your computer system for removing thisW32.Netsky.S@mm worm from your computer system. For restoring your computer system you can follow these simple steps.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.

Re: Download avast antivirus

For deleting this W32.Netsky.S@mm worm from your computer system you have to download the avast antivirus software. You can download the avast antivirus software from its official site or you can follow the link given below.
    Download avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...me-edition.htm
    Download updates for avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/upd...efinitions.htm

Using antivirus software or deleting the registry value manually will definitely remove this W32.Netsky.S@mm worm. But you must follow some preventive measure to avoid the problem like viruses, worms, and Trojans.
    1. Regularly update your antivirus
    2. Enable your firewall setting and use strong password for your computer system.
    3. Update all the application software you are using on your computer system.
    4. Do not use pirated software
    5. Scan all the documents before downloading it in to your personal computer system.