Thread: Is Foxit Pdf Reader Safer Than Adobe ?

Is Foxit Pdf Reader Safer Than Adobe ?

Hello, everybody, I Have recently Read a lots of News Regarding the Vulnerabilities of Adobe Pdf reader and at lots of Site i Read it was Suggested to use the Other alternatives to Adobe Pdf reader Like for Example oxit pdf reader or any other pdf reader , Although i Dont understand that What was the exact Problem with Adobe Pdf reader, Which i Would obviusly Would like to know About it , But can you tell me the that is Foxit pdf Reader is Really Safer than the Adobe Pdf reader , thanks in Advance For You suggestion

Re: Is Foxit Pdf Reader Safer Than Adobe ?

Yup it is all true that Adobe Acrobat pdf Reader is a powerful but space and resource hogging application which few users are going to utilize to its fullest potential. But there is an alternative and even better it is free! Foxit Reader 2.0 works just as well as Adobe Acrobat but doesn’t have the ton of plugins to load which on older and slower systems could prove fatal.

Hello , Adobe Reader is very Huge and it Takes Over your PC and very slow to load up. Foxit opens right up very fast and does not take over your PC. I love Foxit. It is a zip file you unzip to it's own folder. Well the have a zip and .exe version but I have used the zip version for years. You can then get updates and add-on by going to Help, check for updates. All the add-on but the Foxit PDF Editor are free. The Foxit PDF Editor is a evaluation version of Foxit PDF Editor.

Adobe created a proprietary format called Portable Document Format (PDF), and until the last couple years, there were no alternatives that could read and write PDF files. However, recently a few companies have created free PDF creation software. Competition is indeed good, and a company named Foxit Software has released a PDF creation tool called Foxit PDF Creator, along with a free reader. The PDF Creator is priced affordably at $35.00 versus the Adobe Acrobat product priced at over $200.00. The PDF reader is outstanding! Its fast and has all the features you need to open and print PDF files.

Hello, Luckily, there’s another PDF viewer program that I came across called PDF-XChange Viewer that has all of the features and benefits of Foxit, but without any of the restrictions! With this program, you can export text from a PDF document, add content to PDF files, type onto PDF’s, fill and save forms, add sticky notes, and lots more. The best thing is that it’s way faster than Adobe Reader and only a little slower than Foxit. There is a splash screen on this program, but you can disable it from the Preferences.Another really nice thing about PDF-XChange Viewer is that it has a really nice GUI interface. Foxit looks kind of old (probably why it’s faster), but I found that the nice interface is well worth a half second extra loading time. It also has a grid view whereby you can view all of the open PDF documents in a grid format with thumbnails along with document names.

Hello Read a news release By Foxit Software

Recently we received a number of inquiries regarding the latest Adobe vulnerability; people are concerned whether Foxit Reader is vulnerable to same kind of exploit. We have gathered enough technical information about that vulnerability and confirmed that Foxit Reader is NOT subject to same kind of exploits.

The Adobe vulnerability is caused by some buffer overflow issue within their JBIG2 decoder. Foxit uses our own JBIG2 decoder and it handles those malicious JBIG2 stream gracefully (empty image will be displayed instead of crashing).

If you should have any concern over security of PDF and Foxit Reader, feel free to contact us in any way.

Thanks for your attention.

About Foxit Reader
    Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set. Foxit Reader supports Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.7.

In the past, you've had to download a huge PDF reader from another software company, go through a lengthy installation process and wait for an annoying splash window to disappear just to open a PDF document. Moreover, if you want to annotate a PDF document, you have to pay US$299 to buy certain software.