Thread: Problem with Dlink DGL-4300 Router

Problem with Dlink DGL-4300 Router

hi there

Few days back I had a power cut in my area and the other day when the power was back, I was unable to make my router work.

My router is Dlink DGL-4300

I also tried hard with another fuse in the plug, another socket but nothing. I also inserted the port of Dlink but they won't do anything unless I can provide a proof of purchase =\ (which I dont have).

Please help me with this problem

your views will be appreciated

Re: Problem with Dlink DGL-4300 Router

It's possible the router has gone bad but more likely the admin password has been changed. Either you forgot/didn't realize you changed it or someone was being funny.

On the back of the router is a small, recessed RESET button. Press this, wait for the panel lights to stop blinking, and your router has been reset to factory defaults. Now run your router setup again and this time set a strong password - at least 9 characters with a mixture of letters and numbers and at least one special character from the top row of your keyboard

No, the admin password controls access to the router's configuration menu. There's a factory default but you should always change this as part of the setup so no one can access it but you. Resetting the router restores factory defaults and you simply "start over".

Perform a Power Reset by unplugging the power to both your router and PC
    While having the power unplugged for 30 Seconds, Leave. Grab your favorite drink.
    Reconnect the power plug and try to connect to the network again
    If the problem still persists, reset the Router to Factory default settings, usually a small button in back of the router
    Simple solution but people tend to forget about it and overwork the problem creating an endless cycle of grief. So just Reset and end the pain.
    If you're still having problems and your router was working fine before, you may need a firmware upgrade. And when the frustration amounts to be suicidal we suggest looking into a new router.

Please check with the IP assigned by your computer & also check the ISP’s IP. Then try to connect with network with help of router & modem.

Have you tried that turning off your modem & router? Also you can turn off your computer & they trying to connection between the router & modem.

Please try to power off the modem and router for at least 30 sec. Now power up the modem & give time up to 45 sec for warming up. After that plug in the router to modem. Now see that the problem still arrives or not.