Thread: Multiple Wireless Profile Settings In Vista ?

Multiple Wireless Profile Settings In Vista ?

Hello Guys,
    I want to set up multiple wireless profiles on my Computer . Actually What I mean is that I want to have 2 different profiles, one for using from home where I have a obviously a static fixed i.p. address and one for when I go to other peoples houses or use wireless hotspots. I know we can do this in XP,but I cannot Find Out How can do it in windows vista. I Have search a lot but cannot find ,Any help is very appreciated.

Re: Multiple Wireless Profile Settings In Vista ?

Hello, You Can Set your Ip Address as Dynamic, I Hope this Answer your problem , just make your IP dynamic. It doesnt need to be static to use it

Hello, You Can Check the routers - some have the ability to reserve an IP address based on the MAC address (usually called DHCP reservation). You log into the router, select the computer you want, and then reserve whatever IP address you want. Every time that computer connects to the router, it will be assigned the same IP address. This is much easier than manually assigning an IP address inside Windows.

Hello You Can Check this Software Net Profile Switch is a network configuration switcher for notebook users. It switches between preconfigured network settings (profiles) on the fly, keeping notebook users from having to reconfigure their network settings every time (browser settings, printer settings etc).

• A network profile includes:
    • Network settings (IP address, DNS, gateway)
    • Web browser proxy settings (supports IE, Firefox and Opera)
    • Network drive mappings
    • Default printer
    • SMTP-server for email software
    • and many more

Switch between network configurations
    For example you can switch a laptop computer between two networks: one with a static IP address, and another with a DHCP assigned IP address. Or switch one static IP address to another. Switch a proxy server, switch SMTP-server and more.

Switch a notebook/laptop between multiple networks with this network switcher
    Net Profile Switch is ideal for mobile people that connect to different networks all the time. Assume you have a DHCP-enabled network at your office, and a static IP address assigned to your network card at home. Moreover, you have a web proxy server in your office and no proxy at home. Every time you connect your notebook or laptop to a new local network you have to change the network-adapter settings and switch proxy settings manually. But, wouldn't it be easier to store two profiles (called "office" and "home") and switch between networks with one click? If you deal with two or more network locations, you can benefit from this network switcher utility that creates a profile with your configuration settings. Then you can easily switch between locations by activating a profile without restarting your laptop.

Hello There also Mobile Net Switch is an award-winning and feature complete program for Windows XP and Windows Vista. It enables you to use your computer on more than one network or location with the click of a button. Mobile Net Switch allows you to automatically switch network related settings on the fly based on location profiles. With the click of a single button you can set Drive mappings, Internet connection settings, Printer settings, IP settings, Wi-Fi settings and much more!