Thread: "Acquiring network address" message

"Acquiring network address" message

hello all,
    I have a problem with my PC, I cannot connect myself more to Internet because it puts to me as message on my connection "Acquiring network address". I can connect two other PC on the router and they do not have any problem? Please help me.
    Waiting for (I know I cant afford em all): Halo 2 (xbox), Half-Life 2 (xbox), MGS3: Snake Eater (ps2), MGS: Twin Snakes (GC), Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (xbox), Gran Tourismo 4 (PS2), Mario Advance 4: Pikmin 2 (GC), Metroid Zero Mission (GBA), Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)

Re: "Acquiring network address" message

This can often be an issue with security encryption. There may be a wrong key entered or the client adaptor does not support the encryption used.
    To try and solve this first change the SSID on your AP so your laptop will be forced to create a new profile. Then set security to basic WEP 64bit and try to connect again. Update the wireless adaptors drivers.
    If you have any third party Firewalls, try and temporarily disable them to make sure they aren't blocking it.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset [log_file_name]

Note: the log_file_name needs to be specified, e.g. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Personal computers running Windows often have numerous network connections, such as multiple network interface cards (NIC) connected to different networks, or a physical network connection and a dial-up connection. Windows Sockets has been capable of enumerating available network interfaces for some time, but certain critical information about network connections—such as the logical network to which a Windows computer is attached, or whether multiple interfaces are connected to the same network—was previously unavailable.

The Network Location Awareness service provider, commonly referred to as NLA, enables Windows Sockets 2 applications to identify the logical network to which a Windows computer is attached. NLA enables Windows Sockets applications to identify to which physical network interface a given application has saved specific information. NLA is implemented as a generic Windows Sockets 2 Name Resolution service provider.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever