Thread: Playstation 3 won't recognize IP address

Playstation 3 won't recognize IP address

Hi,

I want to play my ps3 with internet so i unplugged computer from the internet and my ps3 wont use the ip address. Please help me! i want to play online with my ps3. Thanks for any advice !

Re: Playstation 3 won't recognize IP address

Just unplug the power cord from your modem for 30 seconds then plug it back in. It should reset everything. I use to do this all the time until i got a router.

You might have a NAT problem is NAT 2 or NAT 3 available check that out. Try to change MAC adress of your network card to the one used on your PC. Should help.

Assuming you have a wireless router and a modern internet connection. to connect to the internet i would do it wirelessly, not only does this save the hassle of having to plug and unplug one cable to and from the modem to the PS3 but also it saves you having a big mess of cables.

You should set up a network in your home as this way the PS3 might be able to detect this and attempt to connect to this network (assuming it finds a network). if however it does find a network you will need to input a form of password that allows access to the network to be able to use the internet. This can be usually found in the setup of the router which can be accessed by typing it's IP address into the address bar of your browser. for me the IP address of my router is written under the router itself but i don't know if yours is as well.

Once in the setup search through the options till you do find something like 'pass-key' and there might be a list of them which ever is chosen you must input that same password exactly as written in to the PS3 and hopefully you can connect to the internet.