Thread: Kaspersky will not install - NSIS error?

Kaspersky will not install - NSIS error?

hi,
    i have problem in installing Kaspersky,at website exe file kis8.0 ... when i click on the file to run it (to install Kaspersky).it appears foldende error.NSIS error :The installer you are Attempting to use is corrupted or inoperative. This could be the result of a damaged disk, ..... or a virus. You may want to contact teh author of the installer to obtain another copy. It may be possible to skip this check using the ncrc cammand line (not recommended).What is NSIS? How to reach this installer? Is there no installer in VISTA? how is it going to be able to install Kaspersky?

Re: Kaspersky will not install - NSIS error?

The installer has failed a self-check. This means that for some actions, the installer file has been altered from its original form. If the install were to continue, the software install would not be complete and will be broken. To prevent further problems, the installer refused to continue.

hi,
    The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch

NSIS is a Scriptable Install System made by nullsoft you can try to download the latest version from site,if you aregetting the error when trying to install a program. If you are nottrying to install a program you should check your system's start up propertiestart-->Run-->msconfig
    or
    Try using this utility Autoruns by Systernals.

The download is corrupt/incomplete. Unfortunately we obviously don't know why, but I can suggest the standard prevention of corrupt downloads and you can see if that works. If you've got a browser without a good download manager, I suggest you try downloading with Opera.

hi.i had the same problem and it was due to downloading the installation file with a download manager.it hasnt caused me any problems for other files but the kaspersky.exe file would only run when i downloaded it without a download manager.don't know why.im curious to know what the difference is