Thread: Internet sharing between 2 desktop

Internet sharing between 2 desktop

hi,
    i have two pc with windows xp fixed at home, one in my room and one in another room.I wish I could access the Internet from each of the two,
    As I looked a little different guides on the web I saw that a pc has to be server and another client, then the server must always remain lit. My question is: You can make the two computers can connect to the Internet independently of each other without necessarily one of the two should be switched? All this in wireless mode. if you can even tell me what should I buy?

Re: Internet sharing between 2 desktop

I understand that access to the internet via an ADSL modem with USB interface. If that were the case you would have other alternatives: the pc sharing the ADSL connection, namely that installed the USB modem should be operated. To ensure that both access to the Internet independently, you will need at least a modem-router or a modem + ethernet switch.it becomes economically more costly if we move to a wireless connection

In fact I have USB modem, but I had already thought of a purchase of another modem or router to make this sharing. So if I buy a wireless modem router-how do I proceed? The pc where I have to attack or just keep on taking on the router? It 'requires that the modem router is connected to a PC with ethernet cable or can I just attach the phone line and power outlet, then put a wireless two keys on each of 2 pc?

you can do in every way you want: either via cable or via wireless, or even mixed-mode, that is a PC connected via cable and the other wireless.