Thread: Spyware closes Internet Explorer

angry Spyware closes Internet Explorer

Hello Friends

Whenever i try to access internet, i can't access any websites. I'm using Internet Explorer as my web browser. It get close randomly, whenever i try to browse any particular websites. Is the spyware that is causing such problem?Or it is a virus problem? Can any one help me out to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Spyware closes Internet Explorer

Most spyware and deceptive software affects only Internet Explorer. If you have many problems with Internet Explorer, using a different web browser may be a suitable workaround.

Depending on your version of Blackboard and your client operating system, other supported browsers include: Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, and Safari.

To determine browser version:

1. Open your browser,

2. From the browser menu bar, select Help.

3. Select About. If there are several, choose the one about your browser. A screen will appear that shows your browser name and version.

To determine which version of Blackboard you are using:

• Go to the Entry Page of your Blackboard server.
    • Click Check Browser. The Browser Check screen appears. In later versions, your version of Blackboard displays at the top of the Browser Check screen.

You've got bugs in your data. Here is some general information on how you can protect and clean up your problems. Follow these instructions (which came from various contributors on this BLOG) and see if that helps. I assume that you already have some anti-virus protection which is up to date, and that if you are on anything but a dial-up ISP, that you have a firewall. If not, then you were an easy target.Follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

1) Use an AntiVirus Software - It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future.

2) Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

3) Use a Firewall - I cannot stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

The first thing you must remember is that most adware/spyware tools are basically for removal after the fact. The trick is "Layered Protection for maximum prevention"

1) Use a HOSTS file and keep it updated.

2) Make use of the Internet Explorer Restricted Zone

3) Install a firewall.

4) Install an Antivirus program.

5) Add a Startup Monitor (freeware) to protect your system.

6) Improving the security of your computer (Microsoft)

7) Add SpywareBlaster to your "Layered Protection"