Thread: How To Back Up Data On Microsoft Exchange Server ?

How To Back Up Data On Microsoft Exchange Server ?

Hello ,This is My First post on this Forum I am Working Professional and Currenty Have Change my Filed To Networking as I Find It really Interesting , Recently I got Know Later I would have deal With microsoft Exchange Server , And I dont have Proper Idea About it, But Obviously I would Like To Ask You aBout Backup up The Data First as it the most important part of Anything , and most probably i think We backup Data Related to outlook and all those user files Setting , So If you Me more Information About then I would Be reall Grateful To you Thanks in Advance

Re: How To Back Up Data On Microsoft Exchange Server ?

Hello , Backing Up Data On a Microsoft Exchange Server When Outlook information is stored on a Microsoft Exchange Server, it is typically backed up at the server. For more information on backing up or restoring information stored on an Microsoft Exchange Server, see your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator. If Outlook is being used with Microsoft Exchange Server, you can choose to have Outlook store information on the Microsoft Exchange Server or in a set of Personal Folders on your hard drive. Use the following steps to determine where Outlook currently stores its data. 1. On the Tools menu, click Services, and then click the Delivery tab. 2. Examine Deliver new mail to the following location. If the option contains the word "Mailbox" followed by an e-mail name, Outlook stores data in folders on the Microsoft Exchange Server. If the field contains the words Personal Folder or another name of a set of personal folders, Outlook stores new e-mail, contacts, appointments, and such in the personal folders on your hard drive. If your information is being stored in a set of Personal Folders on your hard drive and you wish to back up the data, see the section Making a Back Up Copy of a Personal Folder File source-brinkster.net

To perform a basic backup

1. Start Backup in Advanced Mode.
    2. Click the Backup tab, and then on the Job menu, click New.
    3. Under Click to select the check box for any drive, folder or file that you want to back up, expand Microsoft Exchange Server, expand the server that you want to back up, and then select the box next to the storage group that you want to back up.
    4. In the Backup destination list, click a destination device for your backup, such as File if you want to back up to a disk, or the name of an attached tape drive.
    5. In the Backup media or file name box, type the backup media or file name to use for your backup.
    6. On the Tools menu, click Options. Select the appropriate backup options, and then click OK.
    7. Click Start Backup, and then in the Backup Job Information dialog box, verify that the settings for the backup are correct.

Caution:
      If the backup file name you use for this backup already exists in the backup media or file location, confirm that the settings in Backup Job Information are correct to avoid overwriting a backup file that you might want to keep.
    8. In Backup Job Information, click Advanced if you want to set advanced backup options such as data verification or hardware compression, and then click OK.
    9. If you want to perform this backup immediately, click Start Backup. If you want to schedule this backup to run automatically at a later time, in Backup Job Information, click Schedule.
    10. If you choose to schedule the backup job, in Save Selections, specify a name for the backup job you want to schedule, and then click Save. In Set Account Information, enter the user name and password you want Backup to use when it runs the scheduled backup. Make sure that the account you specify has the necessary permissions.
    11. If you want to schedule a backup, in Scheduled Job Options, in the Job name box, type a name for the scheduled backup job. Click Properties to enter the date, time, and frequency parameters for the scheduled backup, and then click OK.

Hello, You can Online Backup Service Called as IBackup for Windows It provides an easy, secure and reliable way to backup the MS Exchange Server databases to your IBackup account using the advanced API technology.

IBackup for Windows 'Exchange Server Backup' wizard guides you through a step-by-step approach to backup the MS Exchange Server database to your IBackup account, without interrupting the running MS Exchange Server services.

General Features
    • Backup / restore the Mailbox / Public Folder' Stores (Storage Groups/Databases) of MS Exchange Server
    • Backups can be scheduled for a future date and time with the various scheduling options
    • Enhanced security with 128-bit SSL encryption on transfers, optional 256-bit proprietary encryption on storage with a user-defined encryption key that is not stored anywhere on IBackup servers
    • Easy-to-use wizards for scheduling the backup job
    • Email and Desktop notifications on completion of backup
    • Session based logs of backup activities

1. Step 1 :From the main application menu, go to Backup-Restore > Exchange Server > Exchange Server Backup.

2. Step 2: Select the MS Exchange Server 'Public Folder' store/ 'Mailbox stores that needs to be backed up to your IBackup account.

3. Step 3:Click the 'Browse' button to select a temporary location on your local computer to store the MS Exchange Server backup resources.

Note: Ensure that the selected temporary folder on the local computer has sufficient free space to hold the MS Exchange Server backup resources. You can not select the remote location as a temporary location for the MS Exchange Server backup.

4. Step 4 Click the 'Next' button to select a folder in your IBackup account.Next, from the 'Schedule backup/restore' screen, take an immediate backup or schedule it for a future day and time.

Note: On successful backup of the MS Exchange Server databases to your IBackup account, the Server's resources are stored in a folder called 'IBackupExchBackupset'. It is not advisable to update or delete files manually as it may interrupt the Exchange Server restore operation. Also, avoid using the 'IBackupExchBackupset' as a destination folder for any other backup/ restore operation.

At any given point of time, you can maintain only one backup job named 'IBExchangeServerBkset'