Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-02-2009

How to Print a Test Page to a Printer?

Hello friends,

Can anyone tell me how to print a Test Page from a Printer, I have taken a new Canon printer which is i1300 series, i was able to set up proper attachment of my printer with my computer and also able to see my printer on the network places,please help!!
Old 24-02-2009

Re: How to Print a Test Page to a Printer?

This is bit confusing to print a test paper over the printer for the first time or whenever we attach the printer to the computer, Can you tell me which Operating system you have installed on you computer, that would be much more help to give the specific solution.
Old 24-02-2009

Below guide outlines how to print a printer test page through Windows XP, Windows Vista.

Assuming that you are using Windows XP:
1. Go to the start bar.
2. Click on the control panel and choose Printer and Fax.
4. Right click on your printer and click on its properties.
5. Click on the General tab and look toward the bottom of the box. Click on the ?Print Test Page? button and your printer will automatically print it for you.

Assuming that you are using Windows Vista:
1. Go to the start bar.
2. Click on the control panel and choose Hardware and Sound and clicking on Printers.
4. Right click on your printer and click on its properties.
5. Click on the General tab and look toward the bottom of the box. Click on the ?Print Test Page? button and your printer will automatically print it for you.
Old 24-02-2009

Here i am providing you the List of steps to be taken while printing the test page for the printer.
  1. Make sure the printer is connected to a working electrical outlet, and that the USB cable is properly connected to both the printer and the computer. Turn on the printer by pressing and releasing the Power button, located at the far right-hand side on the front of the printer.
  2. Lift the paper output tray. Slide the paper guide to the left. Load plain white letter-sized paper into the paper input tray. Slide the paper guide to the right until it is snug against the paper.
  3. Open a printable application on your computer. Single-left-click the "File" option to open the drop-down menu. Single-left-click the "Print" option. Single-left-click on the "Properties" option to open the Printer dialog box.
  4. Single-left-click the "Features" tab in the printer dialog box. Single-left-click the "Printer Services" button to open the Printer toolbox.
  5. Select the "Device Services" tab in the Printer toolbox. Single-left-click the "Print a Test Page" option to open a new dialog box. Single-left-click the "Print Page" option. Wait while the printer prints the test page.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,