Thread: Unable to Delete Wireless Network in Windows Vista

Unable to Delete Wireless Network in Windows Vista

I have two computers, on One i have installed the Windows XP and other one is installed with Windows Vista but there is some problem occurred while installing installing the wireless network on the Windows Vista computer so I decided to delete the wireless network from the Vista installed computer how should I do that please need your help?

Re: Unable to Delete Wireless Network in Windows Vista

Before deleting that Network I will suggest you to try again for the Connectivity, Following are the steps which will help you to go through this.

Before you contact Microsoft PSS for wireless connectivity problems, follow these steps to collect the required information:

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. The Windows operating system, the build number, and the latest installed service pack are listed under System on the General tab. Write down this information.
    2. Write down the vendor of your wireless network adaptor and the model number.
    3. Right-click the wireless network connection in the Network Connections folder, and then click Properties.
    4. On the General tab, click Configure, and then click the Driver tab. Write down the following information for the driver:
    * Version
    * Date
    * Provider
    5. See the documentation that was supplied with your wireless access point to obtain the following information:
    * Wireless access point vendor
    * Model number of the wireless modem
    * Wireless access point firmware version
    6. If you used a wireless configuration tool to configure your wireless settings instead of using Windows XP, write down the tool name and the tool version number.
    7. Write down the type of wireless network to which you are trying to connect. For example, you may be connecting to a private network at work, to a home network, or to a public wireless network.
    8. Write down the settings that are configured for your wireless connection and for your wireless access point. For example, write down authentication and encryption settings.

For Windows Vista computer, please export the Windows IP Configuration for further research:

1. Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, and press Enter.
    2. In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /all > ip.txt and press Enter.
    3. After that, in the Command Prompt window, type ip.txt and press Enter to open the ip.txt file.
    4. Please capture the content in ip.txt and paste it to the current thread.

Troubleshoot problems finding wireless networks

If your computer has a wireless network adapter, Windows will automatically detect wireless networks in range of your computer. You can see a list of wireless networks that Windows has detected in Connect to a Network.

Open Connect to a Network by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Connect to.

If Windows does not detect a network that you think is in range of your computer.

for more info:
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...376c21033.mspx