Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Issues with Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address in DNS Suffix

Networking & Security

Old 20-02-2009

Issues with Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address in DNS Suffix

HI,

I have a laptop with the Wi-Fi connection i faced a host problem,when I try to connect to my router via ethernet i saw that DHCP or IP's are static.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ed42:547:5d1b:20ef%9
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.32.239
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

When i try to change static IP address to other one but it didn't work so I tried adding the earlier one so it gives me message that "You are adding a second default gateway".According to me the correct IP should be 77.75.xxx.xxx with a 255.255.255.248 subnet. The above IP & subnet are completely random.

please help me getting rid of this problem.

Old 20-02-2009

Re: Issues with Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address in DNS Suffix

Hi, following are some things you can try with increasing severity...

1) Go into network connections, find your wireless network connection icon, right-click it and disable it. Re-enable it and see if you can get online.

2) as above, but reboot after disabling, and once your computer comes back on, re-enable.

3) Go into Device Manager, find your wireless network adapter, uninstall it, and reboot the computer. Vista should detect it and hopefully automatically install it again. You may need the driver disk that came with your computer though.
Old 20-02-2009

Hi
to disable the DHCP, right click on the network icon on the taskbar, select STATUS. on the windows go on properties. select "Internet protocol(TCP/IP) and click on properties again. Disable the firt option and Put your own IP ADRESS now, The mask is 255.255.255.0 the autoconfig is disabled .

Regards
Old 20-02-2009

Try restarting the dhcp client service. Also another way to figure out whether or not this is a server issue or a desktop issue is to try pulgging it in to another network.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,