Thread: Win32/PEPatch

Win32/PEPatch

I have Win32/PEPatch appearing whilst AVG scans . its hiding in my

C:/Programme files/COMODO/Firewall/Scanner/herc.cav
    and
    C:/Programme files/COMODO/Firewall/Repair/herc.cav

I have read a reply from a helpfull Bigga Lex on th 19/02/08 and understand its IRC Backdoor attack.

I can follow intsruction for removal and im wondering if they are similar to the ones mentioned by Bigga Lexx

i have had AVG remove it just 2 days ago in another file . i assume its moving or the person who is using it for axis keeps moving it . can you advise in removal of this other than AVg and a perminate soulation to keeping them out.

thanks .....

p/s nice forum

Re: Win32/PEPatch

Turn off system restore...delete the"SRDISKID.DAT" in the _restore folder...either the one on c:\, d:\, e:\, etc. depends how many partitions and drives you have.

check your msconfig startup items. Make sure there is not 2 IEXPLORE's running there. If there is, look to see if one has a zero (0) instead of an oh (o). Delete/disable it if it has a zero, as well as delete it's corresponding registry key. restart the computer.

make sure you have a good software firewall to make sure it is not "sending out" any info.

Chances are that your virus is actually located in your System Restore. Try turning that off, cleaning your system preferably by booting into Safe Mode and then running the tool and finally turning System Restore back on. If that still fails to cure your problem, download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, update it and run a full scan. Remove everything it finds.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

After disinfection, download and install Avira AntiVir if you do not have an anti-virus installed.

http://www.free-av.com/

thank im havin real trouble getting in to the restore folder . i have found additonal folder view and stil cant get in to it .
    it also keeps down loading as a patch to comodo firewall