Thread: Windows installer service Error 193:0xc1

Windows installer service Error 193:0xc1

A few days ago I realized that I was not running Kaspersky, and try to start it I get an error "... apv.exe not a valid Win32 application" and therefore will not start. I tried to install another antivirus, NOD32, but the true me. Not if it's a virus because it can not run any antivirus, but I smell bad.
    Since the tool tries to start the service but Kaspersky gives me the error 193: 0xc1. Nor does it boot into Windows XP safe mode, when I try the system reboots continuously.
    I have spent many times the ad-aware and on 2 occasions I have detected a WIN32.TROJAN.AGENT whose departure in the registration of the ad-aware is:

obj [10] = RegData: SYSTEM \ ControlSet001 \ Services \ wscsvc "Start"

I also cleaned the registry and junk scattered by temporary folders with EasyCleaner.

Help!

Thanks

Re: Windows installer service Error 193:0xc1

the error you describe in the post is for cases where a service has become corrupt and is not a valid executable format (ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT). The program.exe and common.exe be the root of the hard drive that uses the operating system, so I put the environment variable% systemdrive% and% programfiles%, because they relate to the system drive and Files schedule. You can use the following command to delete these files by copying and pasting in the Start menu to run.

cmd / k del% systemdrive% \ program.exe | del% systemdrive% \ common.exe | the% programfiles% \ common.exe | the% programfiles% \ common.exe

I have the same problem l error 193: 0xc1 service with VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i with NOD32 and I get the error that the executable is not a valid win32 application when trying to install, run the following recommended:

cmd / k del% systemdrive% \ program.exe | del% systemdrive% \ common.exe | the% programfiles% \ common.exe | the% programfiles% \ common.exe

and I get the following message:

is not c: \ program.exe
    is not c: \ common.exe
    The system can not find the file specified.
    The system can not find the file specified.

and any errors are still appearing. I appreciate if you know the solution to these problems.

You cannot install any applications that use the Windows Installer service. You get errors like “Windows installer service cant start Error 193:0xc1.”

To reset the Windows Installer service.

Please open a new command prompt window. (If you’re using Vista make sure to run it in administrator mode.)
    1. Type “net stop msiserver” - Press enter.
    2. Type “MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER” - Press enter.
    3. Type “MSIEXEC /REGSERVER” - Press enter.
    4. Type “net start msiserver” - Press enter.

This will reset the Windows installer service and dll files. It should fix the issue.

question Re: Windows installer service Error 193:0xc1

Hey i get the same error 193:0xc1 so first i got thet think with windows canton be accesed then i try that from service and gived me this eror and it give me this error erthri with /V at the end what should i do when i do that think with cmd that i kno to use the 1 step dosen't mean nothing for me it is already stopped and i cant start it so when i write the things with unregister and regserver it sais : C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe is not a valid Win32 application .>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WHAT SHOULD I DO !???

There are two ways by which you can fix the error. The first copy the Ose.exe file from the Office 2003 CD-ROM or re-install Office 2003.
    e steps. First search for Ose.exe in your windows computer. The by default location is - program files\common files\microsoft shared\source engine. If found then insert your Office 2003 CD and open your My Computer. Type path of CD Files\Setup in the address bar and hit enter. Copy the file Ose.exe file and paste it in your computer. If this does not works then re-install your Ms Office.

ok but explain me the second part so i have microsoft office 2003 180day trial when i start setup from it it sais about msi is not a valide win32 application and i dont know how to reinstall windoes insttaler so say me about ose.exe copy so i copy it from cd=rom in over my ose.exe from computer?